advertisement

Adam Levine Was Looking to Leave The Voice 4 Years Ago: 'He Was Just Tired,' Ryan Tedder Says

Adam Levine Was Looking to Leave The Voice 4 Years Ago: 'He Was Just Tired,' Ryan Tedder Says

Adam Levine had his mind set on departing from The Voice years before his shocking exit announcement in May.

Songland‘s Ryan Tedder, who has produced music for Levine and many more music stars, revealed on Thursday’s Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon that he was approached by NBC with the possibilities of replacing the Maroon 5 frontman.

“I initially got pitched four years ago on potentially replacing Adam on The Voice because he was just tired. He was like, ‘I think I’m going to step off for a minute.’ They called to see if I would do it,” Tedder, 39, recalled.

“And before I could even decide, they called back and said, ‘False alarm. He’s back on but we have this other show that you might be better for,’ ” the three-time Grammy winner and OneRepublic frontman said.

Tedder previously joined The Voice in November 2013 during season 5 as the show’s first-ever in-house producer and songwriter. That same season, the star — who has worked with Adele, Beyoncé, Leona Lewis, Paul McCartney and Carrie Underwood — also served as the mentor.

Songland, which features Tedder and fellow songwriting producers Ester Dean and Shane McAnally, is co-executive produced by Levine, who confirmed his departure after starring on The Voice since it first aired in 2011.

RELATED: Behati Prinsloo Opens Up About Husband Adam Levine Leaving The Voice: ‘Good News for Me’

Levine, 40, will be replaced by returning judge and Blake Shelton‘s girlfriend Gwen Stefani when season 17 of The Voice returns in the fall with Shelton, John Legend and Kelly Clarkson in the red chairs.

Levine previously opened up about his decision to leave in a lengthy note on Instagram.

“For me, it was time to move on. Your support has meant EVERYTHING,” he told fans of the gig, which lasted over eight years and 16 seasons.

RELATED: Voice Coaches React to Adam Levine’s Exit: Blake Shelton Is ‘Gonna Miss Working with That Idiot’

A source recently told PEOPLE that the father of two is also looking forward to Stefani re-joining the show.

“It’s bittersweet for everyone, but Adam is so excited that Gwen is going to take his chair,” the source said.

In addition, the source revealed that there is “no bad blood” between Levi

Read more: https://people.com/music/adam-levin-looking-leave-voice-4-years-ago-ryan-tedder/

You Can Now Buy Rosé-Flavored Strawberries and Raspberries

You Can Now Buy Rosé-Flavored Strawberries and Raspberries

It’s no secret that rosé is really having a moment right now.

Between Emily Ratajkowski’s smouldering BABE Rosé campaign, Lauren Bushnell’s new rosé line, and wine company Rosé All Day offering to pay an influencer to drink wine in France and create content for the brand, we wouldn’t be surprised if there was rosé pumping through some American’s veins at this point.

Taking note of the trend that doesn’t seem to be going away anytime soon, the berry company Driscoll’s is giving consumers a new way to enjoy their favorite pink drink: in strawberry and raspberry form.

RELATED: Editors’ Picks: Our Favorite Rosé Wines Under $25

Aptly named Rosé Berries, these blush-colored berries were created by Driscoll’s team of scientists to taste just like a glass of the summertime vino. Perfect for picnics and days on the beach, Driscoll’s says the strawberries and raspberries “contain sweet, peachy notes capped off with a soft, floral finish,” and that their “smooth, silky and creamy texture perfectly complements a hot, summer afternoon.”

Freaked out by fruit that doesn’t look normal? Just like popular cotton candy grapes and sumo oranges, Driscoll’s assures that their Rosé Berries are not genetically modified. Instead, the blush color and unique flavor simply come from breeding light and dark berries together using “the power of the sun.”

Each variety of berries has taken years to perfect by a team of agronomists, breeders, sensory analysts, plant health scientists and entomologists—but Driscoll’s believes they have finally hit the rosé sweet spot.

RELATED VIDEO: 5 Ways To Use Rosé Aside From Drinking It

Unfortunately, the cute fruits are only available for a limited time, and will only be available at a limited number of retailers. According to the Driscoll’s website, Rosé Berries will be sold at Whole Foods in Northern California and from FreshDirect on the East Coast from June through September.

Act fast, and don’t forget to pick up a bottle to pair with your berries!

Read more: https://people.com/food/driscolls-rose-strawberries-raspberries/

Live Like a Monarch! Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip's Malta Villa Is on Sale for $6.7 Million

Live Like a Monarch! Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip's Malta Villa Is on Sale for $6.7 Million

Most people will never be able to live like a royal, but someone can live in Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip‘s former home.

Villa Guardamangia, the “Palazzo style” mansion in Malta where the couple lived as newlyweds while Philip served with the Royal Navy’s Mediterranean fleet, is on the market.

The 6-bedroom, 3-bathroom home is spread out over 5,000 square feet, with a lounge, dining room, living room, kitchen and grand “sala nobile,” according to the listing on Homes of Quality. If you’ve craving some outdoors time, you can enjoy sea views of the Marsamxett Harbour from the roof terrace or the 9,680-square feet of lush gardens.

So how much will living like a queen set you back? The asking price for Villa Guardamangia is $6.7 million.

However, the villa isn’t exactly move-in ready. According Hello!,”its opulence has faded into dilapidation in recent decades, with images showing overgrown gardens and a weathered facade.”

RELATED: See Queen Elizabeth Enjoying Life on Malta in Early Years of Marriage

Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip spent around two years from 1949 to 1951 living at the Villa Guardamangia in Valletta while he was based there in the navy.

The couple returned to the island (with Prince Charles and his wife Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall) in 2015 for the meeting of the heads of government from across the Commonwealth, the band of nations that have historic links with Britain or have the Queen as head of state.

The time the couple spent largely on Malta was, biographer Ben Pimlott has noted, the “most ‘normal’ of her entire life.” Their then-private secretary Mike Parker said it was a “fabulous period.”

Can’t get enough of PEOPLE’s Royals coverage? Sign up for our newsletter to get the latest updates on Kate Middleton, Meghan Markle and more!

It was, Pimlott writes in The Queen, a “haven of comparative privacy and freedom from official duties.” She was happy playing at being a service wife (albeit one with a retinue of servants) while she left her son, Prince Charles, then 1, in the charge of the royal nursery and his maternal grandparents, King George VI and Queen Elizabeth, back in Sandringham at Christmas time.

She announced she was pregnant with daugh

Read more: https://people.com/royals/queen-elizabeth-prince-philip-malta-villa-sale/

Ohio Baby Boy Who Went Missing in May Was Just Found at Bottom of Well, and Parents Are Charged

Ohio Baby Boy Who Went Missing in May Was Just Found at Bottom of Well, and Parents Are Charged

A 4-month-old Ohio boy reported missing in May was found dead Wednesday at the bottom of a 30-foot well, and his parents face charges, PEOPLE confirms.

Dylan Groves is believed to have died in March, the Scioto County Sheriff’s Office announced Wednesday after his body was found in the well in Otway, Ohio.

Both Jessica, 39, and Daniel Groves, 41, face multiple charges including abduction, kidnapping and interference of custody.

Authorities say Dylan’s short life was troubled. When he was born, he had drugs in his system and was put into the custody of children’s services. He was later placed back into the custody of Daniel after the dad completed the requirements to regain custody. But shortly after regaining custody, Daniel allegedly missed court dates, home visits and doctor’s appointments.

On May 3, after making several attempts to locate Dylan and Daniel, the boy’s caseworker contacted authorities and asked for help.

• Want to keep up with the latest crime coverage? Click here to get breaking crime news, ongoing trial coverage and details of intriguing unsolved cases in the True Crime Newsletter. 

After three weeks of being unable to find the family, deputies located Daniel and Jessica near their home riding a four-wheeler. When deputies approached the couple, they allegedly fled into the woods, and they were not arrested.

On June 10, deputies executed a search warrant for Daniel’s home and took Jessica into custody without incident. Daniel, however, barricaded himself inside the home, leading to a six-hour standoff before he was arrested.

Through their investigation, authorities came to believe Dylan had been dead since late March. It remains unclear how he died and the parents have not been charged in connection with his death.

Jessica is being held on a $100,000 bond and Daniel is being held without bond. It is unclear if they have attorneys to comment on their behalf.

Dylan’s body has been transported to the Montgomery County Coroner’s Office for an autopsy.

Read more: https://people.com/crime/ohio-baby-found-bottom-well-parents-charged/

George Clooney Says He Is 'Officially' Done with Motorcycles After Accident: 'I Was Very Lucky'

George Clooney Says He Is 'Officially' Done with Motorcycles After Accident: 'I Was Very Lucky'

George Clooney is “officially” done with motorcycles after he collided with a car in Italy last summer.

The Catch-22 actor, 58, revealed he stopped riding motorcycles altogether in an interview promoting his new Hulu show on ITV’s This Morning via The Sun.

“I was very lucky to pull out of that one. That officially got me off motorbikes after 40 years, which is unfortunate,” he said.

As for his wife, Amal’s, reaction, the star said she was against him riding motorcycles after his crash.

“It was one of those conversations, we were coming back from the hospital and she said, ‘That’s it,'” Clooney explained. “And I was sort of kind of thinking, ‘Well, maybe I can still get away with this,’ and then my buddy, who was also in the accident with me, Grant , who is the other producer, said, ‘Yeah, I’m off.'”

Clooney jokingly added, “There was nothing I could do, I was ganged up on.”

Heslov, who was also on the show, said the crash “was bad” and “much worse than the press understood.”

“He was behind me and we came up over a hill and I see a guy, who I thought was going to turn, locked eye and then he went,” Heslov said.

He added, “He just missed me and I heard this kaboom. I thought, ‘Oh my God. George is dead.’ I was holding him and I said to myself, ‘If he lives, I’ll never ride a motorcycle again.'”

The father of two was filming Catch-22 in Italy when the incident happened. He revealed at a panel for the show in May that Amal had banned him from riding two-wheel vehicles again.

RELATED VIDEO: George Clooney and Amal Are ‘Very Humble’ When Talking About Their Family: Source

“I’m not allowed to ride motorcycles,” Clooney said. “I got into a really bad accident. I hit a guy at 70 miles an hour on my bike. Got launched. And so that’s, I’m off of bikes. Grant’s off. We screwed up and our wives were like, ‘You can never get on a bike again.’”

Video of the crash showed how the impact threw Clooney high into the air before landing on the ground nearby.

Clooney was taken to the emergency room of John Paul II hospital after complaining of “a slight trauma to the pelvis and bruises to one leg and an arm,” according to La Nuova. He also reportedly underwent an MRI.

RELATE

Read more: https://people.com/movies/george-clooney-officially-done-motorcycles-after-accident/

advertisement

The Opinion Poll

Favor - 0%
Oppose - 100%
Undecided - 0%

advertisement

National Weather

Click on Map for Forecast