Meghan McCain Storms Off The View Set After Argument with Ana Navarro on Whistleblowers

Meghan McCain Storms Off The View Set After Argument with Ana Navarro on Whistleblowers

Meghan McCain and Ana Navarro had a tense moment on Friday’s episode of The View.

The show took a turn when the group began discussing how a government whistleblower reportedly filed a complaint about President Donald Trump allegedly making an unspecified “promise” to a foreign leader.

McCain, 34, quickly compared the situation to WikiLeaks’ Julian Assange, arguing that some Democrats are being hypocritical for supporting Assange, but are “screaming bloody murder about this situation right now, about this whistleblower.”

Co-hosts Joy Behar and Abby Huntsman and regular guest Navarro, an outspoken Republican critic of Trump, added to the discussion.

“Wait, I’m on the left — I don’t agree with that at all,” Behar said.

As the conversation grew hearted, McCain fired back, “Excuse me! Maybe I was clumsy in the way that I said it.”

“I’m two feet away, I don’t need you to scream at me this way,” Navarro soon told McCain.

“I don’t know what you just said,” said McCain.

RELATED: Meghan McCain Calls Julian Assange a ‘Cyber Terrorist’ During Heated Fight with Pamela Anderson

“I said, ‘Don’t scream at me, I’m two feet away,’ ” Navarro responded, to which the audience audibly gasped.

“You know what,” McCain said. “That’s so rude, Ana. Welcome back.”

As the show cut to commercial, McCain was seen walking off the stage, according to footage captured on social media. However, McCain was seen returning after the break.

Another day, another drama. pic.twitter.com/PWiEkoXboI

— Meghan McCain (@MeghanMcCain) September 20, 2019

https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

Later that day, McCain tweeted, “Another day, another drama,” including a GIF of Real Housewives of Beverly Hills‘ Erika Jayne saying, “I’m good. It’s ok. We’re good.”

The View airs weekdays (11 a.m. ET) on ABC.

Read more: https://people.com/tv/meghan-mccain-storms-off-view-ana-navarro-argument/

Queer Eye Stars Show Support After Jonathan Van Ness Reveals He’s HIV Positive: ‘Proud of You’

Queer Eye Stars Show Support After Jonathan Van Ness Reveals He’s HIV Positive: ‘Proud of You’

Jonathan Van Ness‘ famous friends and costars are praising the star after he revealed that he is HIV positive.

In his upcoming memoir Over the Top, one of the revelations the Queer Eye star shares is that he tested positive for HIV when he was 25, after fainting while working on a client’s hair, The New York Times reports.

“That day was just as devastating as you would think it would be,” he writes in the book, according to the newspaper.

On Saturday, Van Ness, 32, wrote about the Times article and his memoir on Instagram, saying that sharing his story with the world “is the most important opportunity I’ve ever had.”

“The first article about the book came out today from the @nytimes & I’m relieved I can speak fully about the things that shape my experience in life,” wrote Van Ness, whose book is available on Sept. 24. “The book speaks to some extremely difficult times but it’s also filled with my humor, joy and voice & I can’t wait to share it with you fully. Thanks so much for your support so far, it means the world.”

Van Ness’ Queer Eye costars supported the reality star in the comments of his post.

“Love you proud of you ❤,” Antoni Porowski commented, while Tan France wrote, “LOVE YOU, JACKI.”

“Love you baby boy,” Bobby Berk added. “So proud of you ♥♥♥♥.”

Many other stars shared their support on Van Ness’ post, including model Hunter McGrady, figure skater Michelle Kwan and The Good Place‘s D’Arcy Carden.

“This was so incredible to wake up to and read,” M

Read more: https://people.com/health/queer-eye-stars-support-jonathan-van-ness-hiv-positive/

2 Killed, 9 Injured in Shooting at South Carolina Bar: 'A Violent Incident of Huge Magnitude'

2 Killed, 9 Injured in Shooting at South Carolina Bar: 'A Violent Incident of Huge Magnitude'

Two people are dead and several more are injured after a shooting at a Lancaster, South Carolina bar early Saturday morning.

In a Facebook post on Saturday, the Lancaster County Sheriff’s Office said they were investigating “a shooting incident” that occurred at the Old Skool Sports Bar and Grill in Lancaster around 2:45 a.m. Saturday morning.

Ten people were shot, including two adult males who were pronounced deceased, authorities said. Four of the injured victims were airlifted to medical facilities for treatment, while the other four are being treated for “non-critical injuries” at a local medical facility.

An eleventh person was injured as they fell while trying to flee the bar, and they have since been treated and released from a local medical facility.

The victims’ identities have not yet been released.

RELATED: Delaware Teacher’s Body Is Found in River — and Police Are Trying to Figure Out How She Died

According to the Lancaster County Sheriff’s Office, the bar “was occupied by a large number of people” at the time of the shooting.

“Shots were fired inside and outside the club,” the Facebook post explained, adding that “investigators do not yet know whether more than one person fired a weapon.”

No arrests nor suspects have been announced yet, but authorities said “leads have been developed concerning the identity of a shooter.”

“This was a violent incident of huge magnitude that was witnessed by lots of people,” Sheriff Barry Faile said. “Two people are dead, and many more are seriously injured. The shooter or shooters are out there. We need to talk with everybody who was at the club when the shooting happened, and I encourage those witnesses to contact us immediately so those responsible for these deaths and injuries can be taken into custody.”

• Want to keep up with the latest crime coverage? Click here to get breaking crime news, ongoing trial coverage and details of intriguing unsolved cases in the True Crime Newsletter.

In a press conference on Saturday, Faile said that authorities believe the shooter may have had an intended victim.

“We have heard there’d been an ongoing beef between one of the victims and the person of interest, or the suspect, that’s been going on f

Read more: https://people.com/crime/2-killed-shooting-at-south-carolina-bar/

Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima 'Definitely Not in a Relationship' Despite PDA: Source

Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima 'Definitely Not in a Relationship' Despite PDA: Source

Kourtney Kardashian and ex Younes Bendjima may be spending time together, but that doesn’t mean they’re back on.

“They spend some time together. It’s more of a friend situation,” a source tells PEOPLE on Saturday, shortly after photos were published showing the pair holding hands while out and about in Los Angeles. In the images, Kardashian, 40, could be seen with a big smile on her face.

“You could call it casually dating. It’s definitely not a relationship. They have known each other for a long time and Kourtney has fun with him,” the source adds. “She isn’t happy about being photographed with him though. She has been trying to just keep it private.”

RELATED: Kourtney Kardashian Spotted Holding Hands with Ex Younes Bendjima 1 Year After Split

The Keeping Up with the Kardashians star and the Algerian model, 26, called it quits just over a year ago, in August 2018. Bendjima was Kardashian’s first public boyfriend following her nine-year relationship with Scott Disick.

In the wake of their split, a source told PEOPLE that the relationship drove a wedge between Kardashian and her family.

“Kourtney was always so private and closed off when it came to Younes, and that really distanced herself from her sisters,” the source said. “Things are fine with them now and I’m sure they’ll get even more back to normal now that it seems he’s out of the picture for good.”

After their breakup, Kardashian was briefly linked to Grown-ish actor and model Luka Sabbat, 21.

Since then, the mother of three has remained on friendly terms with Bendjima and Sabbat, as both exes attended her birthday party in April.

RELATED VIDEO: Kourtney Kardashian on Kylie Jenner’s Billionaire Status: ‘When Is It Enough?’

Kardashian also continues to run in the same social circle as her former flames. In August, while attending a party celebrating a family friend, the reality star ran into both exes.

A source told PEOPLE at the time that “Kourtney said hi to Younes, but then didn’t have any other interaction with him.”

Read more: https://people.com/tv/kourtney-kardashian-younes-bendjima-definitely-not-in-relationship-source/

Ryan Seacrest Says He ‘Would Be Interested’ in Working with Original American Idol Crew Again

Ryan Seacrest Says He ‘Would Be Interested’ in Working with Original American Idol Crew Again

Ryan Seacrest could get behind a full-blown American Idol reunion!

Earlier this week, original Idol judge Simon Cowell said his “No. 1 wish” would be to work with Paula Abdul and Randy Jackson again — and the show’s longtime host would love to work with the OG Idol crew again too.

Although Seacrest, 44, was not physically present as all three judges stopped by Kelly Clarkson’s new talk show recently, he did Skype in to share in the fun.

“After seeing us in one place again and realizing the craziness that was and the chemistry that still is still there? I think it would be pretty fun,” he told PEOPLE backstage at the iHeartRadio Music Festival in Las Vegas on Friday. “I would be interested if we all were into it to do it together. I think it’d be fun.”

RELATED: Paula Abdul Raves About ‘Magical’ American Idol Reunion with Simon Cowell and Randy Jackson

Cowell floated the idea of reuniting with his fellow Idol judge during their reunion on Clarkson’s show.

“If I had one wish it’d be to make another show with us again. That would be my No. 1 wish,” Cowell said. “What worked about that series was is that Randy, like myself, is an A&R guy, but also a record producer. Paula actually was a brilliant spotter of talent. I was an A&R (artists and repertoire) guy, which is one of the reasons why I think we had this additional chemistry.”

“Our legacy, genuinely, are the artists who we discovered over the seven-year period. That’s what I’m most proud of. The show’s ratings were great, that’s one thing, but it’s who has come through the process and has made it all worthwhile,” he added. “And that’s why genuinely, if I could chose who to work with all over again, I would work with these guys again.”

Read more: https://people.com/music/ryan-seacrest-interested-working-with-original-american-idol-crew-again/

National Weather

Click on Map for Forecast

The Opinion Poll

advertisement

advertisement